Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 1-Exploring/Greenwich

a: SLEPT – this house is – well not really a house as I know it. We are staying in a real londoner’s home! Which means – a three story, kinda-sorta-what-I’d-call-an-apartment-but-not-really-an-apartment, old, brick building conjoined in a long line of basically exactly the same houses. This is how almost all the houses look! It’s very interesting!

b: Oh how wonderful sleeping was! Sadly though we slept when we should not have, bad idea I really hope this doesn’t come back to haunt us! This house is pretty great; though it is built totally vertical with super steep stairs it’s pretty nice! So wonderful of the people to let us use it!!! After getting some not supposed to sleep we were awoken to hit the road…literally, we hit the road and started walking in search of an entrance to the tube! We found one and then off we were to Greenwich. *this is where Elizabeth I spent a lot of her childhood after her mother’s death.  We also went the point of 0 longitude which is where the precisely start measuring East and West! And Allie is adorably quirky!

a:  hehehe! We walked and walked! Until we found the tube – the underground trains that connect London and make it possible for us to get anywhere and everywhere (within zone 3, 2, and1) and the trains are totally nineties! 1996 to be exact! Me and brit- as she loves to be called- took notice of this while standing on one of the trains as we headed back to Tooting Bec – pronounced like “totting.” It is interesting to listen to the people talk on the train! Ah the accents! Sooooo so soso cool! As we were walking around in Covent Garden looking for a place to eat dinner with my dad’s friend from work, we walked up to the doors of this restaurant – after following these signs that said “entrance this way à” – and we were greeting by an older woman who asked us if we were here for the wedding! Ha! Of course we were not. So we asked these two guys who were with the lady to recommend some other good places to eat. Im sorry did I say two guys? I mean two way-to-drunk-for-a-wedding-that-hasn’t-even-started guys! Couldn’t understand a word they were saying with those accents on top of slurslurslursing ! although I did catch the one guy talking about how texas is “bullocks!” following this he said “and by bullocks- I mean the best!” waving his hand high up in the air. Ha! This man also just quite intrigued by what was written on my dads sweatshirt and pointed at the words inquisitively. You might be able to guess what happened next – my dad looked down and the guy flipped up his finger to tap my dad’s nose – fake out! He got him good! Haha! Why this man did this I will never know, but he sure got a kick out of it and so did I!
            What to eat what to eat – we walked around for way too long, none of us able to make a decision of where to eat. Poor brit in her heels… yes high heels… trampling about all day! how great is she! The fierce explorer that she is! I love her! All the way up the steep hill to reach the exact point where we being to measure east and west longitudinal lines! How cool! We stood at exactly 0 degrees ! we were neither east nor west for a moment in our lives! Anyways – back to dinner – we decided on a restaurant who’s name I’m currently blanking on. with only a little trouble, we were able to enjoy quite a tasty meal! and by a little trouble- I mean my dad accidently insulting our waitress by asking if she was Romanian! Appearantly- she was from a small country right next to Romania – a country that Romania hates for whatever reason- so she said it’s a big insult to be called Romanian! she walked away and we never saw her again! Ha! Silly Romanian waitress lady! So I ate some wild boar! Mmmmm!
            Now it is time  for me to try to catch up on much needed sleep ! – although we are getting up in six hours or so to go to Windsor castle tomorrow! Yay for London!

xoxo b&a ;)

3 comments:

  1. AHH!! I can't believe I forgot you kids were leaving the friggin country!! WOW! lol ok then, THAT'S AWESOME. soooo jealous. HAVE MUCH FUN

    This is E-rock btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! A perfect cinda b ad . . . :)
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are doing the blog!! this is great! Love you Al...! It's nice to see my coat made it London!

    ReplyDelete